Thursday, October 4, 2012

Cooking wishlist

One of the things that always frustrate me is my lack of knowledge, the things I wish I knew how to do but haven't had the time/money/teacher show me how. One of the perks of having a Laurel in the SCA is of course having that great relationship with a teacher, and having someone to help point me towards other teachers of great skills! I need lists however, and I spent some of my downtime on Saturday at Michaelmass writing down a list of skills and arts I would love to learn! This is in no way shape or form in order, nor is this everything I'd like to learn, this is just me writing down as I thought "Man, wouldn't that be cool?!"

  • Eastern cooking (Chinese, Indian, Vietnamese, etc)
  • Soap-making
  • Cheese-making
  • Herbal skills (identification, growing, drying for spices and teas, etc)
  • Calligraphy
  • Mead and Beer brewing
  • 14th century fishing
  • Book binding
  • Leatherworking
  • 14th Century Medicines
  • Herb Gardening


Like I said, not a complete list but a good start to begin my learnings in! I know several people I can poke for some of this, others I think I'll need to start asking around for.

I totally promise tomorrow to have a right-and-proper update with how Michaelmass went, but as you can see from all these various posts it was a lot!

1 comment:

  1. I have a book with soapmaking "recipes", remind me next time you're over here to lend it to you

    ReplyDelete