Monday, August 6, 2012

Lost

Sometimes, you just need to get lost on purpose.

I've needed a recharge for a while, and I've always felt at peace and at home in the woods. I feel comfortable, safe and at home when I go wanderings. Sometimes I find a spot, sit in the dirt under a large oak and just read whatever book I brought with me while eating a sandwich.

Needing this release, this sensation I decided to go get myself lost in the woods before work. I took my camera, a bottle of water, a sandwich and just went down a nature trail near my house. When I found an animal rail, I got off the beaten path and just walked around in the woods for a while soaking it all in. I took a whole bunch of pictures, but one particularly called to me so I'm posting it here as well.


I don't know why this picture calls to me, but it does. Its a beautiful tree, I walked up to it and just touched the trunk and felt relaxed. The moss swayed in the breeze of the oncoming storm, ad though clearly damaged and bent it still grew tall ad thrives.

So yeah, feeling better.

2 comments:

  1. I do the same thing myself. The PNW has all sorts of hidden wonders. Glad you found time for peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you actually commented on a blog post i did! Man, now I feel special and popular *chuckles*

    ReplyDelete