Tuesday, February 28, 2012

St. Val's Recap: Thy goblet overfloweth with awesome juice

So overall, I had an amazing and wonderful time at ST. Val's. There were some ups and downs for sure, but once again my friends to the north have proven they can throw one hellofa party when they put their mind to it!

Kaoru and I got out there Friday night and spent a good amount of the night just being social with those who had arrived early like us. Saturday was an early day for me, I was up and helping clean in the kitchen at first light then more socializing. I was drafted for throne moving for Their Majesties, I got to talk with Master Evan for a bit and I got a hug from him! I find every event I manage to not only do the work I enjoy doing, but I'm finding more and more time just to be friendly and get to know people more.

I'd say the real highlight of the event for me was just feeling like I belonged. Everywhere I went, people were willing to talk to me and include me in whatever they were doing if I asked questions. I never truly felt alone the entire weekend, often times I was stopped by people who wanted to say hi and just catch up with me! Real highlights for me was being invited to sit and talk for a good while with Mistress Madhavi and just getting to know her better, some real enjoyable discussion and chit chat with Master Evan in regards to the SCA and all his experience and being remembered by name and asked to talk with by the Barons of Marcaster and Wyvernwoode. It just made me feel included and all warm/fuzzy inside :)

Kaoru and I also wrote a song together, whenever he transcribes the lyrics to the internets I'll add it here :)

1 comment:

  1. In the SCA that is a huge thing. I'm glad you're having that experience!

    ReplyDelete