Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A funny little filk

I tend to doodle filk songs for my various hobbies from time to time, much to the chagrin of my friends who I occasionally make sing ;). There's been a few I've been working on the last few days...and you all get to suffer and sing through them in your head! Huzzah you!

SCA Filk - Part of Your World

Look at this stuff, isn't it neat?
Wouldn't you think my collection's complete?
Wouldn't you think I'm the boy, the boy who has...everything?

Look at this trove, treasures untold.
How many wonders can one big tote hold?
Looking around here you think...Sure, he's got everything

I've got spices and graters a-plenty
I've got cookbooks and whetstones galore
You want sharp carving knifes? I've got twenty!
But who cares?
No big deal
I want more...

I wanna be where the fighters are
I wanna feel, wanna feel them strikin'
Walking around in those - what do you call 'em?
Oh - greaves!

Wielding' a spoon, you don't get too far
Sticks are required for blocking, striking
Strolling down to the - what's that word again?
Lyst

Up where they walk, up where they run
Up where they war all day in the sun
Wanderin' free - wish I could be
Part of that world

What would I give if I could fight for my Kings honor?
What would I pay to spend a day armored at last?
Trimarian Men, they understand,
The way to, honor fellow fighters
Jokes and drinkin', then some singin'
Moonlight to Sun

And ready to know what the squires know
Ask 'em my questions and get some answers
Why not black armor and why does it - what's the word?
Burn?

When's it my turn?
Wouldn't I love, love to explore that world up above?
Out on the field
Wish I could be
Part of that world...


Yeah, I know its not great...but it make me smile and that's what matters :)

No comments:

Post a Comment