Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I made a belt!

I did my first of leatherworking last night, it was a lot of fun! Philippe taught a class on the basics of leatherworking, at the end of it we had finished making our very own belt :). I learned a lot about leatherworking, the various tools and how leather goods are made! Here are some photos of my finished product.


According to Philippe, the buckle is actually period correct for the 14th century! The studs along the side were a more masculine touch, ad I'm happy with how the silver looks.


I think it looks really snazzy, and I'm always glad to have a more period attire for my garb!

I had a lot of fun doing the leatherworking, I'm considering looking more into it! I know my buddies Jake and Kaoru are investing more into it, I might play with their stuff to see if I like it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment