Monday, June 6, 2011

Old things

I know I promised to update on Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday...but I felt like tossing this up here today. I was going through my Livejournal and looking upon the horror that was my teenage angst. Most of my writing in those days was done in notebooks, the smell of a freshly sharpened pencil always seems to have done wonders for my creativity, and thus I have lost a lot of my early works. I have a few pieces here I decided to take the time and clean up a little, kinda a where I've come from I guess. I still intend on doing a Tuesday update, but here's two blasts from the past:

A poem from November of 2004 -

Never awaken O dreamer.
Do not fret your wasteful tears
nor futile struggles on desires unneeded.
For here in this land of madness,
this is where the truth shall forever rest.

Allow yourself to slip away,
do not raise your silken hair or
have worry touch your breast.
Forever dream of rose buds unfolding;
to bloom before the moon is the goal.

For while you walk the endless dream, you are a raw gem;
your soul unshattered, your body once again perfection.
Quartz holds its own natural beauty
when uncut from the rock, still allowing the sun
to catch its spires.

If you awaken O dreamer, you must face the world.
Your tender rose must weather the chills
And last throughout the long fall.
Your stone will be cut and scattered,

You will experience pains.
Tears will flood down your cheeks,
Mighty rapids birthed from your soul.
And you will feel each ebb and flow.

Stay within O dreamer, away from the sun.
Let not your flower wilt in heat,
dance and spin under the light of the moon.
Let your gem remain perfect.
Never awaken.

Song lyrics from February of 2005 -

The song these lyrics are written to is called My Only Wish by Les Aldrich. you cna find a recording here (http://www.jwpepper.com/2472536.item).

I have one thing deep inside
A true feeling I cannot hide
Just one dream I wish to share
My only wish

My only wish consumes my soul
My only wish is for us both
I know my heart speaks the truth
Cause I love you

(guy) there is a wish down deep inside (girl) One I just cannot hide
(guy) Two love birds perched side by side (girl) I've dreampt of it nightly
(guy) A desire this night (girl) that you'll be here again
(both) To hold my hands

And, when the love in our lives
(girl) fully blooms (guy) a rose will be put to shame
My only wish I have for you
Is you by my side

(guy) There is something I wish to say (girl) My soul it longs for you
(guy) My heart races along with yours (girl) My pulse its moving so quick
(guy) My breath is rushing out so fast (girl) I need to catch my breath
(both) Your beauty makes my heart skip a beat!

My one wish is for your love
To hold you close and feel secure
My only wish I truly know
Because of your love

My only wish for you
My only wish for me
My only wish is this
That you'll be here tonight

* * * *

I like looking back on what I've done, and where I've been. It's a bit refreshing, really, to see improvement in my writing and such. Hopefully tomorrow's update will be in before 6pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment