Sunday, June 5, 2011

All trips start with a first step

Greetings!

Thank for coming to view my blog, this is my starting entry to what I think will be an exciting time :). My name is Chris, I'm your host for this journey into creation. Welcome to the blog, and I hope you have a good time enjoying what I create for you!

I figure my first entry should be a bit of about me I suppose.  I'm nearly 25 and male, living here in sunny Florida and working for Big Papa as a shift manager. I have  darling girlfriend who I may or may not use for a muse in writings on occasion, and I like to attempt photography (but I've never been able to take pictures well). I've always been one to create, the type of creation being the main difference. Music, poetry, food recipes, prose...all good and fun stuff. I'm a horrid physical craftier though, so please don't ask me to paint or sculpt :p.

So...I've hit a slump. A shell, like somethings blocking me from thinking. It's been so hard for me to create anything creatively for months, I've got notebooks and word documents strewn about that are all half written in or noodled with. A friend suggested I started a writing blog, something that I force myself to update with SOMETHING creative several times a week. Hopefully it'll get the juices flowing again (for the spice must flow, yo). I'm gonna go with an update schedule of Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday, at what time I'm unsure because my work schedule is finicky at best. Either mornings or late in the evenings is the best I got folks.

So yeah...I'm not feeling too hot this afternoon, I think I'm coming down with a cold or some such. Gonna go rest, I got a busy day today and I need to be at full strength! If any of my followers have any suggestions as to writing prompts or recipes to post or anything creative in general...I'm more than happy to use them as springboards :).

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment