Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Baronial Encampment FAQ

Boosting the signal here, before working on other Blog project. This is the info I'm pushing out into the internet for the Darkwater Baronial Encampment gates.

* * *

Good day Milords and Miladies!

This is Christoff Koch, signing back in after Fall Coronation with updated and exciting information for the Darkwater Baronial Encampment! Thank you very much to their Excellenies, their Next-ellencies and our very own Baronial Quartermaster for all the advise and assistance in getting us this far.

Q: We've heard about this Baronial Encampment, when are you planning on hosting the first one?

A: The Baronial Encampment is scheduled to be set up for all Kingdom-level events at Camp Ocala, starting with Mayanmas Moot in November. We are planning on providing this space four times a year (the two Coronations and the two Crown Lysts) and may look into providing it more frequently at other events if their Excellenies feel the venue is appropriate.

Q: Great! So...where are you gonna host this thing?!


A: After an exhaustive search of the camp, their Excellencies and I have decided upon the location between cabins 16 and 17. There will be a map provided to show off the area and proposed campsite, this map will be in the Peregrine Crest canton newsletter for September then later submitted for the October revelry. At Village Faire, providing the Autocrat has no objections, I will have a small table in the feast hall with a display of the Encampment info and maps available as well.

Q: Sounds great, but an Encampment needs a lot of things to make it a great place to be. How do you intend to get things like walls and decorations?

A: I have been in talks with the Seneschals of our Cantons, as well as our own Baronial Quartermaster. I am very pleased to report that I have been given nothing but positive feedback on my proposals and have the pledged support of the Cantons and the Quartermaster to help supply the camp. Each Canton has spoken to me on what they have in storage to supply, and the Art/Sci officer of Swampkeype has volunteered to help organize banner crafting.

I'll be talking with our Baronial Art/Sci officer in hopes of scheduling time to work on other craft projects for the Encampment, and the Seneschal of Loch Gryffin has graciously designed and helped me start a project for a gateway into the Encampment itself.

Q: Wait, did you say gate? Like, as in a fancy gate??

A: Yes I did! I am very proud to announce that should we raise the funds for it, Darkwater will not only have an awesome gate for our encampment but will have fabric walls to "guard" our boarders. Its a very exciting project, and everyone who has helped me with it so far has an energy and zeal for its creation.

Q: We know that Darkwater sadly can't afford at this time to supply this gate, and this would be such an awesome thing to have! How can we help?!

A: I'm so glad you asked!

After speaking with the Kingdom Seneschal about fundraising options and getting his stamp of approval, over the coming months I will be rolling out a few fundraising opportunities for the members of this Barony to participate in. This Encampment will be our home, a place anyone can go to and have rest and fun, and a home that everyone helps build is all that more special. I have several projects to work out for the Encampment, but just one a trip as to not tax any of our populous so all fundraising will occur just for the next project.

As I stated, our first project is for the Darkwater Gate and our Encampment walls. I will be collecting money starting today (9/4/2012) till 10/10/2012. I will have a small lockbox I will carry with me to every single event, meeting or social SCA function I attend and am hoping to convince one or two of my dear friends to help me collect funds as well ;). I hope to announce the completed gate as well as funds raised at Village Faire.

Q: I would love to help out by donating cash, but some of my friends may need convincing. Any incentives or perks to helping?

A: Man, its like you can read my mind and know what questions to ask!

I feel that any assistance should be rewarded, that donations should receive something for the act of courtesy and support. Having received approval from both their Excellencies and the Kingdom Seneschal, I have the following incentive plan for donations of cash:

1 Dollar - Thank you card

5 Dollars - Thank you card, your name painted on the back of the gate as a supporter and funder of the encampment

10 dollars - Thank you card, your name painted on the back of the gate as a supporter and funder of the encampment, your personal heraldry blazoned onto the gate

20 Dollars -  Thank you card, your name painted on the back of the gate as a supporter and funder of the encampment, your personal heraldry blazoned onto the gate, 1 dozen cookies of your choice delivered at village fair

30 dollars - Thank you card, your name painted on the back of the gate as a supporter and funder of the encampment, your personal heraldry blazoned onto the gate, 1 dozen cookies of your choice delivered at village fair, 6 Cardamom cherry cupcakes delivered at Village Faire (if you would like a reference on the quality of the cupcakes, feel free to ask our new Empress ;) )

Thank you very much for all your support, enthusiasm and generosity that you've already shown me. If you have any questions/comments/concerns please do not hesitate to ask.

YIS,

 - Christoff Koch
~With great cupcakes, comes great responsibility.~

No comments:

Post a Comment